Hello friend! Remember a while back when I took you all behind the scenes baking my favorite banana bread recipe?! I am FINALLY sharing it with you! HOORAY!
9 ½ ounces Gluten-Free Flour Blend
1 tablespoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon xanthan gum
5 large ripe bananas
8 tablespoons melted and cooled unsalted butter
2 large eggs
5 ¼ ounces light brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ toasted chopped walnuts
1. Adjust the oven rack to the middle position and preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8 1/2 by 4 1/2-inch loaf pan. Whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and xanthan gum together in a large bowl.
2. Microwave the bananas in a separate bowl, covered, until they have softened and released liquid. Transfer the bananas to a fine-mesh strainer placed over a medium sized bowl and let them drain, stirring occasionally, about 15 minutes (you should have 1/2 to 3/4 cup of liquid).
3. Transfer all of the banana juice to a medium saucepan and cook over medium to high heat until the juice has reduced to 1/4 cup. Return reduced juice to the bowl, add in bananas, and mash everything together with a potato masher until mostly smooth. Whisk in melted butter, eggs, brown sugar, and vanilla.
4. Using a rubber spatula, stir banana mixture into flour mixture until thoroughly combined and no lumps remain. Gently fold in the toasted,
5. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 55 to 75 minutes. Let bread cool in pan on a wire rack for fifteen minutes. Remove the banana bread from the pan and let it cool for at least an hour before serving. I know this part is hard, but it is
JOIN THE LIST
monthly fun in your inbox